Thursday, April 30, 2009

Wednesday, April 29th.



Today was my Grandma's Birthday, (Mom's mother).My mother was her youngest of 5 children, which was spread out over 10 years. This is how she always looked as I was growing up. And I do remember, she was chubby and very short, about knee high to a grasshopper! LOL she passed when I was about 19 or 20, and had been in a nursing home for 4 or 5 years. I can remember taking Robin (my oldest DD) to see her when she was a little bit, maybe 2/3 and Robin would love pushing her around in her wheel chair. The other picture is of Grandma when she made her 1st. Communion. I have no idea the year of this and no idea who gave me the picture, but I have had it many years. The actual pictures are much clearer than this as I just snapped a picture of them with my digital camera.

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful touching blog--I have never even seen a blog like this--a life in pictures--where you blog about meaningful photos--this is an excellent idea--I look forward to seeing more entries.

    All the best-from my hands to yours,
    K Andrew
    www.kandrewdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures! I adore anything vintage :)

    ReplyDelete